Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Got a few things done...

Here is my almost finished tree skirt. The design was inspired by Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts. It's a bit hard to see in the picture but there's a hole cut in the middle. Now I just need to bind the edges and put the snaps on. I'm not really sure why I decided to make this, a DH has an elaborate train set and village that goes around the bottom of our tree. I may pass this on to my Mom as a gift, a lot of the fabric scraps are from stockings I made for her a long time ago.






Here is my SIL's finished "Canadian Girl Overseas" top. We are all anxious for her to get home. The trick will be for me to get this quilted and bound before my brother leaves for Halifax mid-December. Any suggestions for how to quilt it quickly? I was thinking of doing diagonal lines in the centre area and then something else in the boarders.
I also made a stocking for our new arrival and have been working on a scrap blue jean quilt, just trying to keep myself busy.

Here's the view down my very dark street. It's only about 5pm in this pic and we'd taken my daughter out for a ride in her sled. It's snowing right now and we've just made cinnamon buns. I'm going to town today to finish my Christmas shopping and to enjoy a few hours out of the house. I'm also dropping in to the fabric store to pick up batting and maybe treat myself to a few new FQ's
My quilting plans for this week are to baste my Canadian Girl quilt and maybe start working on quilting it.
The baby is due Monday so I never know when a post may be my last for awhile. Wish me luck:)

1 comment:

Shari said...

I remember those dark winter days leading up to Christmas. Hope everything goes ok in the next few weeks. SIL's quilt looks good and I like the tree skirt.
Cheers Shari