Tuesday, September 23, 2008

2 UFO's down, 5 to go!




Finally!!! I finished binding 2 UFO's this weekend (pictured above), put together a quilt top for my husband, cut some bricks for a new quilt and did 4 hours of hand quilting on my brother's wedding quilt. I haven't had such a productive weekend in a long time...and did I mention that I had company for part of the weekend?
Saturday we took a trip to the Great Northern Exibition, which is a combination of farm animals, midway rides, yummy snacks and a craft show. There were some beautiful and inspiring quilts. I was most impressed by the hand quilting-the stitches were so perfect on some that my dad thought they were machine quilted.
The quilt top I pieced for my husband has been hanging around for almost 2 years. I started it long before I started looking for quilt patterns that didn't include tons of wasted material. Anyhow, I found hundreds of half square triangles in the bottom of the project bag. This morning I took all the wasted triangles matched them to make pinwheels. Now even with my 5 UFO's, I've got the beginnings of 3 new quilts. Yippee!

No comments: