Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Nights Are Spent.....



These days my nights are spent working on hand quilting baptist fans on my Carolina Crossroads quilt (designed by Bonnie Hunter). My older brother got married this past June and this quilt is to be a wedding gift for him and his beautiful wife Cindy. Normally I would have had the quilt done long before the wedding, but they only gave us a week's notice so I don't feel so bad! I thought the crossroads design was perfect, since we're from Ontario and Cindy is from Halifax.

Looking back, their wedding was so beautiful. Small and very personal, it included family from here and from Halifax and had all the heart-warming moments that a wedding should. Now if I can only get their quilt finished in time for Christmas!!! I'll post a picture of the quilt soon.

1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Each and every quilt is worth waiting for and I know this CC quilt will be no exception. Congrats to your brother and his bride!