Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Jeremiah and Cindy's quilt and another UFO!


Here's a picture of the Carolina Crossroads quilt, designed by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville, that I'm working on for my brother. As you may be able see from the picture, the hand quilting is a bit wonky, but I'm really enjoying doing the baptist fans. I'm trying to do at least an hour a night, but things (like sleep!) keep getting in the way. This was a mystery quilt, which I'm so glad I did. If I'd seen the finished product first, I probably wouldn't have made it, thinking there were too many small pieces. I'm really proud of this one and can't wait to send it to Jer and Cindy for Christmas.

I was digging around in my stash today looking for some ugly stuff to use as backings and I found another unfinished quilt top. This one moved with us from the city 3 years ago and is all wrinkled. But it only needs boarders and then it'll be ready to quilt. So my new unfinished total is 6, all in different stages of finish. I'm off to order Scraps and Shirttails and have decided not to start any project from it until I've got these 6 finished.

No comments: