Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cold and Rainy at the Beach


Since the weather here today is so crummy, I thought I'd post a few pictures from a day trip we took this summer to Midland/Penetang. It turned out to be a beautiful day and we spent it by the water, going into little shops and playgrounds.
I spent this morning organizing my stash to go in my new sewing corner. It's really dwindling, but money's tight right now and I don't think I'll be doing much buying until the new year. At least what I have is neatly folded and on shelves. But going through all of my stuff had me dreaming of new quilts!
I'm so pleased with the number of UFO's I've finished in the last few weeks, but it's making me question why I had so many quilts lying around that were unfinished. Most of them had the majority of the blocks done, some were complete tops and 2 just needed to be bound. I guess when it comes to quilting I'm just easily tempted by starting something new. Which is so funny, because in life, I've always got to see things though until they're finished.
I've got a huge pot of soup bubbling away on the stove. I can't wait to snuggle with my daughter this afternoon, have some soup and watch a movie. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday that gave me a lot to think about and I'm looking forward to just vegging!

1 comment:

Finn said...

Hi Nannergirl, I wanted to pop over and thank you for stopping by at my blog and leaving a comment and a question *VBS* You have a lovely blog, I especially LOVE your banner photo..it's beautiful!
I would love to live that close to water such as yours.
Your scrappy stretch stars, ala Bonnie, as just wonderful..you did a great job. And you are working on UFOs?? Good for you!! Get that old stuff done!
Regarding your question about bias vs. straight, I use straight strips. What I've learned over the years is too things. If you don't have quite enough fabric for the binding you can get more mileage(length)by going bias...but you never really NEED bias binding unless you are binding a curved edge.Rounder corners, etc. Then the stretch of bias is a big help. I don't think there is any one best way to bind a quilt...just decide what the quilt needs, thick or then, stretch or not, and do it that way.
Hope that helps. Thanks again. Hugs, Finn