Friday, October 17, 2008

Cindy's Canadiana Quilt

Here is the beginning of the quilt I'm making for my sister-in-law's return from her tour of duty. She was originally sent to the Mediterranean on a peace keeping mission but her ship got sent to help out with the pirating problems in Somalia. I know things have been tough for her, and my brother misses her terribly, but we are so proud of her. So, since their wedding quilt won't be done in time for Christmas, I thought I'd make her a throw in honour of her tour. I was originally going to do all rail blocks, but now I'm thinking I may throw in some solid reds and solid creams. I have a baby quilt I made a while ago that I embroidered Canadian maple leaves on, so I may do that in the cream squares. I'm almost finished my wonky houses (just binding!) and this quilt is next.
This is the view off our side deck. I missed so many of the beautiful leaves. We're going up to the mountain tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to take my fill of beautiful fall pictures.
I've gotta get working on my daughter's cow costume...it's so close to being done.

No comments: