Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Out and About...

My machine was acting up this weekend and I just got it running again last night. So I don't have any quilty pics to share. I did get the binding finished on my winter houses quilt. I watched Biggest Loser last night and finished it all...3 UFO's to go. But I've also started a Christmas tree skirt and some napkins so I have a few non quilting projects on the go too.
I can't seem to turn these pics! This is what we did instead of quilting/yard work this weekend. There is a great park, right on the beach. This is my hubby and daughter, who can't wait to get there. We played on the swings, ran around and just enjoyed the weather. And I'm glad we did because it was snowing here yesterday! It's still chilly and I've got the fireplace on. We had snow stay on the ground last year Nov. 1st...I'm hoping it holds out that long this year. I don't want to be out trick-or-treating in the snow!

This is the beach as it looked on Sunday. Still looks nice enough to go for a swim doesn't it? I'm planning on doing some major sewing this week so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Such pretty scenery. Best wishes for your head-start on those wonderful Christmas projects!

Browndirtcottage said...

hi nannergirl.....great outdoor "eye candy".....you know....i am so loving your wonky winter houses.....i really like the plaids you used!

Anonymous said...

I'd love a day walking near the beach. It looks so darned pretty! Have you worked on your Night & Day blocks? :-) Just try making one with two strips when the mood to sew something strikes...set strips aside each time you cut for other projects so you'll be at the ready to make a block every now and then.